Thursday, January 6, 2011

This One Goes Out To the Elf

OK, OK. Enough hiding.

I'm fat. 45 pounds overweight (I AM NOT LYING).

Here's how you'll know I'm not lying.

Ever felt your stomach hit the top of your thighs when you sit down? I now can say I have.

Or, can you actually pick up your stomach with both hands and wave goodbye to your sons? I can.


It hurts now, but while I was living large with my chocolate chips, asagio cheese, Pizza Fridays, vodka lemonades, vodka cranberry lemonades, vodka tonics with lime, vodka 7-ups it felt soooooooooooooooooooooo good.

But enough is enough. Not even going to call it a comeback. Just calling it an attempt. I'm working in partnership with my friend Amy, who just had an adorable baby, weighs 130 lbs and wants to lose 10lbs. Yes, total bitch, right? But she's totally motivated and will keep me on track.

So far this week:
  1. The boys have started Montessori school and hated it. I cried two days after dropping them off.
  2. Ate under 1400 calories every day.
  3. Ran three times (once for 23 minutes, once for 13 minutes, and once for 31 minutes). Strike that. More like shuffled, walked, panted, stopped, cursed chocolate chips, and then continued.
  4. Contemplated putting the Goose down (she's not well).
  5. Marveled at how much gas two dogs can produce.
  6. Watched a ton of raw food videos after stumbling on runningraw.com. Seriously, check this guy out. He's awesome. I'd totally be his friend.
  7. Ate one green smoothie.
Not bad, right?

So, the goal is to not drink for 40 days (Michael's homage to the Lenten season ), and train for the Race for the Roses 1/2 marathon in April. We'll see.

Starting weight as of last Sunday.....wait for it....157 pounds. You're probably thinking, wait! Sarah! But you're only five feet tall. And to that I say fucking right.

No comments: