Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dr. Feelgood

I wish this post was about drugs, but alas.

The sprain was a bit worse than I thought. The day after the sprain I noticed a lot of tenderness, so I went to my doctor for a quickie wrap. He advised using an aircast and doing the prerequisite RICE-ing, which I'm fine with, except for the "R" part. Especially since I had just had an awesome run and was feeling back to my runnery self (gross).

Here's a bad iPhone pic, but you can see the lovely bruising setting in:

(tangent: what's the deal with new Droid users who are all up in your face about how the Droid is the best phone on the planet, and any one who uses an iPhone is a big fucking idiot, and yadda yadda yadda. Newsflash: 1) We're talking about phones, and 2) I can't even make a call on my iPhone anyway, so what's the diff?! Gahwd)


So even though I didn't believe my doctor when he said I should rest it for a minimum of a week, it's now been a week. And I haven't run. I've starved myself, but no running. I'd rather starve myself and at least have an endorphin rush, ya know?

Anyhoo, going to try and go out on Saturday at the earliest.

Yours in not running greatness...

No comments: