Thursday, January 27, 2011

In Stereo

Today I struggled with where to run. Should I drive up to the zoo and run on the trail? Do I stay in the neighborhood and risk people seeing my FAF (Fat Ass Frame) as they're driving on Scholls Ferry Road? I decided driving up to the zoo was a waste of time, so I ran my neighborhood loop instead of my usual route that takes me across Scholls Ferry--the life line of SW Portland.

I also decided to run with music. This is a BIG deal. Because I NEVER run with music. My first and only running Coach taught me that running with headphones on could be dangerous--you can't hear cars coming up behind you, German Shepherds trying to kill you, etc. I agreed because I wanted to be a purist. I didn't want a crutch to help me run better.

That went out the window today, and I loved it! Holy cow. I didn't have to hear my labored breath as my FAF went up a hill, I could burp to my heart's content (even though I do enjoy hearing how loud I can get sometimes).

What's funny about the music today was that I used my iPod Mini circa 2002/2003. I used this little guy while I was training for the Portland Marathon that I dropped out off. (Loser! Loser!) It had some good songs on it! Granted I had to fast forward through Morning has Broken by Cat Stevens, some lullaby by Enya and Drums (gag) by the Dead.

But I also got to hear Second Hand News by Fleetwood Mac, Reckless Life by Guns 'N Roses (totally!), Everyday People by Sly and the Family Stone, and Last Dance by Donna Summer. Good times.

Your tangent for today: yesterday I went to Costco. I bought a digital scale. I've been on it 1,432 times already. I don't believe the number. Also, I put a hot/cold laminator in my cart because I REALLY WANT ONE. I want to laminate things. I want to laminate the boys' art work, I want to laminate recipes, I'm dying for this thing. But, I knew Michael would make fun of me and I'd probably use it once. So I put it back. So sad.

That's it for today. Run on peeps!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where is the weigh in report??