Tuesday, November 18, 2008

IT's the Shoes!

I'm back and re-dedicating myself yet again. This consistency thing is really hard. A month or so ago, I got a free pair of shoes to try out and then review for a magazine writer here in town. I was psyched but then saw the shoes--Under Armour?! What the hell? I immediately had a flashback to Lee and his compression shirt and then bloody nipples, and then...I digress.

Anyhoo, not only are these shoes from Under Armour, but they're ugly as sin too. The entire shoe is grey with a lime green logo. Bleh. I started running in these suckers, and they changed my life (doesn't take much). No more knee pain, IT pain, or quad pain. I actually looked forward to my runs and for about two weeks ran every other day or at least three times a week.

Then my babysitter got strep throat and I didn't run at all last week. Yesterday I did a quick 37 minutes in the Under Armour shoes (which I think are named "Cartilage"). Today I decided I must run in the Asics that cost 120 bucks.

About a mile from home the ol' IT band starts barking. And barking. Louder and louder. Kind of like the mother effer German Shepherd next door that barks for 15 minutes straight at 630 in the morning.

So, it's definitely the shoes. I guess I will have to run in the Under Armours until I work out the knots. I hate the foam roller but am committed to it.

Geez, is this boring or what? I have nothing funny to tell you. I'm logging my runs on a site I found called www.logthatrun.com which is pretty sweet. It's better than other online logs I've found. I also am tracking all my calories and nutrition info on another site. That's an eye opening experience. I already cheated and pigged out last night before bed and didn't put it in the log. Nothing like a little self sabotage.

All my football teams have let me down this year. The Penn State loss to Iowa was a kick in the stomach. Our one chance for a national championship and we blow it. Now we're looking straight down the barrel at the Rose Bowl vs. Oregon State, who we already killed this year.

The Eags? No comment. Embarrassing.

But, my fantasy football team is rocking.

The end.

1 comment:

The O'Sheas said...

What about the Phillies? No love for the baseball?