Monday, April 28, 2008

Moon Over My Hammy

So I've got so many things to tell you about, but first and foremost, I am sick to hear about Prince's performance at Coachella over the weekend. So he brought out Morris Day and Jerome to do "Jungle Love" and Sheila E to do Glamorous Life. !!! And if that's not enough he pulls out my two all time faves: Little Red Corvette and 7. And then he covers Radiohead's Creep (crazy) and of course tops it all off with Purple Rain. Makes the Portland Show with the two Stacey's look so tame. I love that little man. (again, anyone having a copy of my Prince Report from many years ago, please send it. I'll pay you 2 bucks). There are tons of videos on YouTube but none contain audio. It's KILLING me.

My running suffered another set back as I tore up my hamstrings earlier in the week after trying to be a superstar and run that 8 minute mile. My hamstring on my left leg hurt so much I could barely walk or use the clutch in my car. This is obviously a result of taking way too much time off and then coming back way too hard, too fast. I also developed runner's knee in the right leg.

So, I turn to my trusty "Pain Free Runner." People. This book is the shit. Period. It's all about trigger points and working the stuff out on your own. Pain in your legs and knees is all coming from muscle spasms in your butt, back and quads. That's all there is to it. Go to this message board if you ever have an ache or pain you need help with.

I bought a three pack of tennis balls. I rolled my ass on those balls (nice!) for hours over the weekend, and it fixed things right up in about a day. I was able to run on Saturday and Sunday with about 75% less pain than the day before. I'm a believer, big time.

Hopefully this will help me stay on track with the running and the stalled weight loss. It's so ironic that as soon as I have a good run and am excited to get back to it, I hurt myself and then get depressed I can't run. So stupid.

And finally, the Eagles. The most talked about pick was WR Desean Jackson from Cal. He's TINY at 5'10 and 170 pounds. We'll use him for kick returns. BORING.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So I'm a friend of the Nut's. I need a Run Report like I need a drink. Okay, now I sound like an alcoholic. Anyway, I need a Run Report. I'm not funny, otherwise I'd write one myself. Please, please, please, resume the habit. For the rest of us. Please.