Sunday, April 6, 2008

The First Cut is the Deepest

Hello. My name is Sarah and I am once again a runner.

Two weeks off due to sickness, weather, windows and apathy. But there's no turning back when you have a willing running partner who always pumps you up and is supportive. The running partner is key. I'm going to try and rope someone in to at least two of my runs per week.

So Jeffy and I went up to Forest Park (side note: got my little Forest Park Conservancy car sticker and newsletter where my name is proudly displayed as a supporter. And they sent me two pages with the entire Forest Park trail system. I'm going to laminate it. It's so much nicer than having to squint at my little box set. Anyway, go and give them some money. It's tax deductible. Someone's gotta keep that shit up.)

Anyhoo, as an omen I got the new Runner's World yesterday with all their Boston crappola. I get the Boston Marathon thing. I do. But sometimes I want to say "HEY! Shut up already, Boston Marathon. The Red Sox have won the World Series and the Patriots are still a big pain in the ass, so could you please not make such a fucking big deal out of yourself with your Heartbreak Hill and your college girls and your Patriots Day and your noon start and all that crap?"
That said, if I ever realize my dream of running faster than 9 minute miles, I would die to run it.

Today Jeffy and I ran the archery range to Magnolia back to Wildwood loop. It's typically a 32 minute run. And it was again today, which made me very happy. I felt strong, I didn't want to kill myself and I made it up the last set of hills. I'm back in the saddle and devoted to losing these last 10 pounds and running the Helvetia Half.

So, another resolution is to post every run if possible. It's a new year over here and please, if you want to run and need a partner. Let me know.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to see a new post! I'd be your running partner, gladly, if I could faster than 20-minute miles. And man, I just realized I missed your birthday altogether! Bad Friedman, bad! See happens when you're not around to write it on my calendar? Of course, it's all the worse for the fact that I was out drinking heavily with Jen Z that day . . .

I owe you one lunch and a big apology and two birthday parties next year!