Monday, September 15, 2008

Nut up!

So last night, Michael, Jeffy and I were watching NFL highlights. Michael and I have resumed our losing ways at Fantasy Football (even though, we had 141 points on our effing bench yesterday) and wanted to catch up on the day's events.

So at the end of the Denver San Diego game, Denver was down by one point after scoring a touchdown. So, what do they do...kick the extra point and send it into overtime? Or go for two and win the game. Well, they went for two and won the game (bad call notwithstanding)...anyhoo, we're talking about this and Michael says "Sometimes you have to nut up and go for it."

And the Nut Up Conversation ensued. First, I asked both of them if men really use that phrase. And they told me yes, men use that phrase. So I decided I was going to try and use it in every day conversations. Especially with my clients. Here's how I see it working out:

Client: Hey Sarah, can you turn around a crappy outline for us in three hours?

Me: Well, I guess if I nut up, I can do that. Sure thing!

Sound good? I can't wait to move that phrase into every conversation possible.

Today I actually did nut up and went for a run with the wonderful Amber. We did a little Forest Park loop of about 35 minutes. I had to walk some because I couldn't nut up on the hills, but all in all, it felt great to take the new shoes for a spin.

In other news, I missed my first deadline of all time..meaning, I totally forgot about a project and just didn't do it. I don't think that's every happened to me. I mean, I've tried to get out of deadlines and have gotten them moved, but totally spacing a project. Geez, I need to nut up and run some more to keep my head clear.

And one last thing....da da da da..........



GO E A G L E S !!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: